Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Redwood Tree - the Grandfather tree - a serene presence in the forest and a source of magic

A large Redwood tree named the Grandfather tree thrives in a clearing by Quinliven Creek near Gualala. It grows slowly with shade on its trunk and sun on its crown. Every day Rick and I touch this tree. I also whisper a few things that are important to me. It's important to allow magic to enter your life - this tree is one way I allow magic to enter mine.
 For perspective, you can see Rick looking up at the big tree. Huckleberry, our golden retriever, is more interested in chewing on a branch. The second photo shows you what the tree looks like if you were looking up.


4 comments:

Carolyn André said...

I LOVE this tree picture. The perspective looking up is great. It's really neat.

Jeanne Jackson said...

Thanks, Carolyn. I'd love to get to the top of this tree and see what it looks like from there!

Bev said...

Can you give the big guy a hug for me. The tree, not Rick! Anyway, I talk to and touch many of my plants, indoors and out.

Jeanne Jackson said...

If it's all the same to you, Bev, I'll give both big guys a hug! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who talks - and touches - trees and plants. I touch trees in the forest every day.