Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fawns are gracing us with their presence and a report of a white fawn!

Rob Diefenbach recently photographed a newborn fawn with its mother.

Something is handing from the mother, perhaps the umbilical cord?

A white fawn was born on The Sea Ranch this year. I had a report with no photo a week or so ago. When I didn't receive any more reports or a photo I thought the fawn had not survived. But this morning the fawn was spotted with its normal-colored sibling and its mother. When I receive a good photo of it I will share it here.

Here is a photo of the white fawn that was born in 2006.

You can see by its eyes and nose that it is not an albino. It was considered a towhead and did eventually color up. Lynda O'Brien took this photo. She described the white fawn as a magical being.

Thanks to Rob and Lynda for allowing me to share their photos with you here.

2 comments:

Frank Drouillard said...

Found a doe eating loquats in our front yard this morning. I think it's the same one that's been eating leaves from my pear tree sapling and all the cherries from my young cherry tree. Didn't see the little ones, but I know they're around. They bed down in our front yard and leave little raisins everywhere.

Jeanne Jackson said...

If you plant it, they will come!