Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

A few edible mushrooms have appeared despite the lack of rain.

A few Matsutakes appeared in the same spot they fruit every year. Usually there is an undulating string of at least fifteen Matsutakes but this year only four have sprouted.

 Rozann Grunig took this photo of me holding a nice Matsutake.
And here is a photo of several Shrimp Russulas. They like our Shore Pine habitat, just off our driveway. Our golden retriever, Huckleberry, likes them too. It's a race to see who gets them first - him or me.

We are longing for rain but the weather is remarkably autumn-like - warm and dry as a bone. If it rains, I hope to see Black Trumpets, Hedgehogs and Winter Chanterelles. May it rain soon!

Thanks to Rozann for allowing me to share her photo of me with you here.

No comments: