Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Robert Scarola photographed a recent green flash!

It's hard to get a photo of the green flash as sunset. I should know - I've been trying for years. Robert Scarola hit the jackpot when he photographed a recent green flash.


They don't happen very often but when they do your heart beats a little faster and it is hard to stop smiling. It is Mother Nature at one of her flashier moments. Thanks to Robert for allowing me to share his photo with you here.

Once again we have a beautiful spring-like day here on the Mendonoma Coast. But there are changes in our forecast, with a pretty good rainstorm headed our way early next week. Bring on the rain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic. looking for years for the green flash. thought it may be a myth.

Jeanne Jackson said...

Anon, you have to keep your eyes open and not blink. Most green flashes are over in a...flash! And everything has to be perfect to see one. If there is fog or clouds on the horizon there won't be a green flash. I have seen dozens of them since Rick and I moved to the Mendo Coast 17 years ago. But I have lots of opportunities to see one, for which I am very grateful.