Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Monarch Butterflies, the essence of loveliness, are seen on their migration

Monarch Butterflies migrate in the fall. I have seen two or three over the past several weeks. I wish  could report that we were seeing many of these beauties but that isn't the case. This butterfly needs milkweed to feed on as a caterpillar. It would be a good idea to plant some in your garden to help this striking butterfly.

Wendy Bailey photographed a Monarch, the king of Butterflies, and has kindly allowed me to share it with you here.

To learn about Monarchs, here is a link to a great web site:
http://www.monarch-butterfly.com/

2 comments:

Carolyn André said...

Beautiful photo. And since the butterflies "got scarce" I'm always so glad to see a picture.

Jeanne Jackson said...

Thanks, Carolyn. I always love to see them too. They used to be on the coast in great numbers. It's sad to see their numbers diminished.