Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Giraffes in Point Arena? You betcha!

The B. Bryan Preserve has welcomed their first giraffes - two young male Rothschild Giraffes. They come from the San Diego Zoo. Several more arrived last Thursday.

Here is one of the first arrivals. He weighs over 1300 pounds. So beautiful and so unique. There are less than seven hundred of these giraffes left in the wild.

Thanks to Judy Mello for allowing me to share her photo with you here. To learn more about this fascinating preserve, here's the link: http://www.bbryanpreserve.com/ 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Saddle up!

Jeanne Jackson said...

Unknown, I'll let you go first! Rozann Grunig has a great article about the giraffes in this week's ICO. I read they can kick in any direction. I think I will give them lots of space...